Friday, October 2, 2009

DC 100-Page Super Spectacular Vol 1 #5

I am not into romance titles myself, but when I started this Web log I decided in advance to post these titles in the chronological order that they were published by DC Comics. Consequently, here is "Love Stories."


Download DC 100-Page Super Spectacular #05





TITLE:
DC 100-Page Super Spectacular #5
PUBLICATION DATE: 1971 (onsale 7/1/1971)
FORMAT: 96 squarebound pages plus covers NO ADS
COVER PRICE: $0.50
COVER ART: Robert Oksner
NOTES: -
CONTENTS: "Love Stories"
Stories:
  • "How Do I Know When I'm Really in Love?" (6 pages)
    Robert Kanigher (Writer), J. Winslow Mortimer (Artist)
  • "My Shameful Past" (14 pages)
    Robert Kanigher (Writer), Jay Scott Pike (Penciller), Art Saaf (Penciller), Vince Colletta (Inker)
    From Young Love #60, Mar/Apr 1967
  • "My Sister Stole My Man" (8 pages)
    Robert Kanigher (Writer), John Romita (Artist)
  • "The Other Girl" (7 pages)
    Robert Kanigher (Writer), Tony Abruzzo (Artist)
  • "The Wrong Kind of Love" (7 pages)
    Robert Kanigher (Writer), Ric Estrada (Penciller), Wally Wood (Inker)
  • Wendy Winthrop, Television Model: "Made for Love" (12 pages)
    Jack Miller (Writer), Jay Scott Pike (Artist)
    From Girls' Romances #99, March 1964
  • Wendy Winthrop, Television Model: "Love is Forever" (12 pages)
    Jack Miller (Writer), Jay Scott Pike (Penciller), Robert Oksner (Inker)
    From Girls' Romances #100, April 1964
  • "I Didn't Want His Love" (9 pages)
    Robert Kanigher (Writer), Norman J. Nodel (Artist)
  • "Good-Bye, Lover" (7 pages)
    Robert Kanigher (Writer), Mort Drucker (Penciller), Bob Lander (Inker)
  • "Happy Ending" (8 pages)
    Robert Kanigher (Writer), Mike Sekowsky (Penciller), Bernard Sachs (Inker)
Features:
  • "What's in a Name?" (1 Page)
    (Text: Text story)
  • "Laura Penn... Your Romance Reporter" (1 Page)
    (Text: Advice column)
  • "How I Met My Boyfriend" (2 Pages)
    (Contest: Asks readers to send in personal stories)
  • "How to Look Fabulous" (2 Pages)
    (Text w/illos: Beauty secrets)
  • "Where is Love?" (Inside Back Cover)
    (Drucker)
    (Vignettes)
  • Illustration (Back Cover)
    (Armentano)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...